Monday, December 27, 2010

One Dish Dinner!

I love when I can make a warm yummy dinner and not have to wash a gazillion dishes. Tonight we are having Carolina Pulled Chicken, canned green beans (out of my momma and daddies garden) and instant mashed potatoes (I'm still learning ;-)

My lovely sister fixed this recipe for me and I absolutely loved it. So she gave me the recipe and I was so excited. Well I am not sure what happens but every time I go to fix it I can not find the recipe. I promised that this time it would be different. :-) I would copy the recipe from my in-box and laminate it!




This is my lovely sister Heather!



So here are a couple of pictures of the very few ingredients you need and the yummy recipe! Enjoy!













Carolina Pulled Chicken
4 to 6 chicken breasts
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1 tbspn onion powder
1 tbspn garlic salt
2 tbspn brown sugar
1/3 cup honey mustard

Dressing
1/4 cup yellow mustard
1 tbspn cider vinegar
reserved liquid from cooker

Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Mix next 5 ingredients together and pour
over chicken. Cover and cook on low 5-6 hrs until chicken is fork tender.
Remove chicken to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes.
Pour liquid from cooker through sieve (use paper towel over bowl if needed).
Mix about 1/2 cup of liquid with dressing ingredients. Shred chicken into pieces
and toss with dressing mixture.





Sides:

0 comments:

Post a Comment